Research Associate Program is a 3 to 6 months long program. The senior researchers continuously mentor and train the young researchers or research associates. The fellowship program has three key components:
- Training on applied research methods.
- Hands-on experience of different components (e.g., survey designing, survey instrument development, field activities, etc.) of social science research.
- Mentoring from senior researchers on social science research.
Participants will have the designation of Research Associate (RA) during the fellowship period. The position demands full-time commitment, hence RAs will not be able to hold another occupation during this period. RAs will receive a certificate after the successful completion of the fellowship. Dnet will also offer the most suitable participants the opportunity to join as research associates. In addition, participants will be able to seek letters of recommendation from the trainers and mentors when they pursue other professional opportunities and higher studies.
- Applied econometric methods.
- Study design & methodology.
- Instrument development.
- Quality control/assurance.
- Monitoring of all aspects of fieldwork.
- Writing reports/articles from the analysis.
- Research-related management skills.
- Masters/graduate degree.
- Coursework in introductory statistics and econometrics.
- Interested in developing skills in relevant tools.
- Active interest in national and global current affairs, economics, and politics.
- Must be committed to adhering to academic integrity.
- Must be respectful towards others.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prior research experience would be welcomed.
Documents required to apply:
- An updated CV.
- All academic transcripts (combined into one PDF file).
- A statement of purpose (maximum 800 words).